Is your email constantly getting blacklisted or rejected and you get the dreaded “Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender” error? Do you hate having to explain to customers that they should check their spam or junk folders every time you communicate with them? Do you have a “black hole” in your email where sometime you just don’t know where your messages went or if they were delivered?
Do you have any of these errors:
Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
541 The recipient address rejected your message
Mail failure – rejected by local scanning code
This message was classified as SPAM and may not be delivered
550 permanent failure for one or more recipients
Or any of these:
- 550 5.7.1: Service unavailable: client xxx blocked using xxx
- 550 5.7.1: Message rejected as spam by Content Filtering
- 550 This message was classified as SPAM and may not be delivered
- 550 High probability of spam
- 550 5.2.1 mail from refused spam site
- 550 Your message has been rejected because you have been detected sending spam
- 550 Message contained unsafe content
If so, we will fix the problem within 24 hours and after our work is complete and your DNS is propagated, your message will be 100% delivered to your clients. And if there are any future problems, we’ll show you WHY a particular message is rejected, quarantined or blocked.
The entire process from headache to bliss is typically completed within 48 hours. What are you waiting for? How much business are you losing with your messed up email? If you’ve already had this problem for a while it is not going to get better!
Since the beginning of email, web hosting and email hosting companies have had to deal with spam. In the last few years it has only gotten worse. Today, most servers won’t communicate with external email servers or domains that are not properly administered. This includes domain names that are not properly set up.
Google, AOL, Yahoo, and all other reputable email systems have introduced several polices that limit and reject messages that are not “perfect” in their IP assignments, DNS records, hosting reputation, and a host of other issues. If your cousins’ friends’ girlfriends’ old roommate is your webmaster, and you can’t send email, we can help.
One wrong letter or space in the wrong location can ruin your email services. Why take the chance with your business?
If you’re ready for a solid, reliable, USA-based hosting firm that can fix these issues just give us a call! We fix broken email.
Squidix provides nearly unlimited emails to our business clients. One low fee includes migrating your website to our servers and hosting. Our business services include up to 1,000,000 messages per month.
If you want to send more, we will give you your own server for only $150 per month for UNLIMITED email with your own dedicated IP.
How do we do it? Simple. We’ve been in the business for decades. Our team’s first web work was in the 1990’s and we’ve only gotten bigger and better since then. Our bullet-proof mail servers routinely send millions of messages per month successfully for our clients. Even before Squidix was incorporated we were working with websites and hosting.
Here is what Squidix Web Hosting will do for you.
- We’ll manage your domain with redundant DNS servers via our own network and CloudFlare.
This will assure that your domain is available and responsive within a few milliseconds.
- We will create and manage all your DMARC records.
DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) is an email authentication protocol. It is designed to give email domain owners the ability to protect their domain from unauthorized use, commonly known as email spoofing. The purpose and primary outcome of implementing DMARC is to protect a domain from being used in business email compromise attacks, phishing emails, email scams and other cyber threat activities.
- We will create and manage all your DKIM records.
DomainKeys Identified Mail (DKIM) is an email authentication method designed to detect forged sender addresses in emails (email spoofing), a technique often used in phishing and email spam. DKIM allows the receiver to check that an email claimed to have come from a specific domain was indeed authorized by the owner of that domain. It achieves this by affixing a digital signature, linked to a domain name, to each outgoing email message. The recipient system can verify this by looking up the sender’s public key published in the DNS. A valid signature also guarantees that some parts of the email (possibly including attachments) have not been modified since the signature was affixed. Usually, DKIM signatures are not visible to end-users, and are affixed or verified by the infrastructure rather than the message’s authors and recipients.
- We will create and manage all you SPF records.Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email authentication method designed to detect forging sender addresses during the delivery of the email. SPF alone, though, is limited only to detect a forged sender claimed in the envelope of the email which is used when the mail gets bounced. Only in combination with DMARC can it be used to detect the forging of the visible sender in emails (email spoofing), a technique often used in phishing and email spam. SPF allows the receiving mail server to check during mail delivery that a mail claiming to come from a specific domain is submitted by an IP address authorized by that domain’s administrators. The list of authorized sending hosts and IP addresses for a domain is published in the DNS records for that domain.
- We will monitor and deliver reports from our DMARC reporting system.
- We will monitor and deliver reports from blacklist reporting systems.
- And of course we will make sure you satisfied!